Salt & Pepper Shrimp
Summer is for seafood! What better way to kick off the hot and steamy months of summer than with a simple Salt & Pepper Shrimp recipe that takes minutes to prepare? You’re going to love this quick and easy dish.
This recipe uses a Good It’s Gluten Free Chinese Salt & Pepper Meal Kit, which includes a batter, breadcrumb coating, and salt and pepper seasoning mix. All you have to do is add the shrimp. I like to toss some cilantro leaves on top as garnish and serve these shrimp with lime wedges for that extra hint of flavor and summer freshness.
Get more gluten-free quick and easy recipes.
Gluten-Free Salt & Pepper Shrimp
- 1 Good It’s Gluten Free Chinese Salt & Pepper Meal Kit
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp , peeled and deveined, tails on
- Vegetable oil
- Cilantro leaves , for garnish
- Lime wedges
- Combine the batter mix from the meal kit with 10 tablespoons water and whisk until smooth. Place the panko breadcrumbs from the kit in a shallow bowl or on a plate. Coat the shrimp in batter then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Add enough oil in a large skillet to come up ¼ inch. Heat over medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Fry the shrimp in batches (do not overcrowd the pan) 2 minutes per side or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and continue until all the shrimp are cooked. Sprinkle the salt and pepper mix from the kit all over the cooked shrimp and put on a platter garnished with cilantro and lime wedges.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.